1. What inspires the subject matter for a treasury you are making? How do you decide on theme?
I get most of my main themes from the Etsy Monthly Merchandising Report. I take it a little further by thinking of a song (for the title) or finding an image or photograph that conveys the feeling I’m trying to set for the collection.
2. When you make a treasury, are you specifically trying to get it to Etsy’s front page?
I always really hope and try to have it make the front page, and I feel sticking to Etsy’s merchandising themes really has helped.
3. Can you share 3 Etsy shops that you love to use in your treasuries?
4. What are your best promoting tips?
I try to include shops where I know the featured sellers will try and leave a comment. It’s always nice to know when your efforts are appreciated and the comments of course help the hotness factor. Of course I also recommend a treasury promotion team because it is a great way to help a treasury get hot quicker. 🙂
5. What do you think Etsy looks for when selecting front page treasuries?
I think they like to see their monthly themes showcased in an artful manner. I think they like some variety so if you use new items or undiscovered shops that’s a good idea. I use the taste test to help me discover new-to-me shops. Of course it helps when the photos work well together.