Etsy’s September Merchandising article is out now on Etsy’s blog. I always wonder if it is better to do a variety of items in one treasury (i.e. take a few items from every category) or if it is better to stick with one (i.e. do an entire vampire theme treasury). Both ways can be fun. But I challenged myself for fun to make a treasury exclusively from these 16 bullet points.
If you would like to play along and see what you are inspired to make… the only rules are you must use every bullet. You can put them in any order you want. I call it an Etsy Scavenger Hunt
- Personalization: Monograms, initials, text, numbers, zodiac, constellations, portraits, custom labels, stamps, fingerprints and family trees.
- Natural History: Woodland forest themes and animals, namely birds, owls, squirrels, hedgehogs, chipmunks, bunnies, butterflies, feathers, nests, eggs, acorns, leaves, trees, branches, woodgrain, and natural colors.
- Lockets, secret hiding places, skeleton keys, arrows, diamonds, paper cuts, silhouettes, fortune cookies, wishbones, constellations, fortune telling.
- Large scale vintage and handmade paper maps, botanical and anatomy charts.
- Upcycled lights, lamps, exposed bulbs, and chandeliers.
- Creative gadget cases, docking stations and accessories.
- Bike caddies, baskets, and creative accessories.
- Shabby chic decor and accessories.
- Video game inspired references.
- Writable chalkboard surfaces.
- Wall and laptop decals.
- All things steampunk.
- Vintage cameras.
- Braided hair.
Here is my experiment!