The February Merchandising Article by Etsy has been released. You can read the entire article HERE.
I am just going to share some of the highlights and way we can use these Merchandising Themes to incorporate into our treasuries.
- “Valentine’s Day Social Hashtags: Etsy’s social channels will be promoting the Twitter hashtag #EtsyXO. Feel free to incorporate this hashtag into your promotional plans for Valentine’s Day. For those of you who enjoy making Valentine’s collections, we’ll be keeping an eye out for Treasury lists tagged with EtsyXO.“
To help get your Valentine Themed treasury noticed by Etsy for front page consideration, make sure to use the tag they suggest “EtsyXO”. What a great way to help Etsy find relevent treasuries. Your chances for front page are even greater when you use themes suggested by Etsy.
- “Our central merchandising themes this month will focus on Valentine’s Day, weddings, winter solutions, and hints of spring.”
This is a great transitional month, so think ahead to spring!
- “Fashion: With New York and Paris fashion weeks taking place this month, all eyes will be on new lines. Think about introducing your newest collections of clothing, accessories, jewelry and fashion related lines now. Tagging Tip: Try adding the term “fashion” to appropriate items to reach a broader shopping audience.”
This is another “hint” at what Etsy will be searching for as they make their front page picks. If your treasury has anything to do with fashion, especially spring fashion. Use the tag “fashion”.
Here are some general Trends that would make cool treasuries. There are more in the article but here are a few highlights:
- Black History Month: Motivational quotations and inspired art.
- Organization and Storage: Creative and innovative takes on solutions for getting organized.
- Cottage: Chic decor and accessories.
- Fashion: Winter accessories, leggings, boots, embellished shoes and a look ahead to spring collections.
- Designer Vintage: Authentic fashion, collectibles, bikes and auto accessories.
- Vintage cameras, especially Polaroids with film.
- Valentine’s Day: Primary areas of focus for this holiday will include gifts for her, gifts for him, gifts for kids, jewelry, lingerie, love notes and cards, personalization, fashion, sweets & recipes, parties & decor, gag gifts, anti-Valentine, engagements & weddings, flowers & vases, and DIY ideas. Think love, hearts, Cupid and his arrow, red, pink, and white. Take advantage of last minute shoppers by offering expedited, rushed, and local shipping options.
So get going with those treasuries, I am hoping to see lots of our members on the front page this February!
Here is a cool treasury from one of our TPT members that utilized so many of these themes and came up with something spectacular. It even includes the Polaroid Camera! This is by Mr. Sal Phan, Bichon Frise from Mclovebuddy