Our October challenge is all about the holidays and items found in the 2700+ TPT member shops. That’s a lot of shops and a wide variety of fabulous things to discover! Start by looking through the team posting threads (especially the ones with “SHOP PROMO” in the heading), do a search for “TPT” tagged items, or make your way through the member list – you’ll quickly fill a treasury no matter what search method is chosen.
October Challenge Rules:
1. Open to all TPT members.
2. Select one of the following four categories for the theme of your holiday treasury (pick any holiday in October, November, or December):
• HOLIDAY HANDMADE
• HOLIDAY VINTAGE
• I’M GRATEFUL FOR…
• THE HOLIDAYS WITH FAMILY, FRIENDS, PETS (could be family traditions, parties with friends, a gift guide for Fido… you get the idea)
3. Submit only ONE entry PER category but enter EACH category if you wish. (Anyone who does submit one entry for each of the four categories automatically becomes eligible to win the Grand Prize.)
4. Entries MUST be 100% TPT – use only items from TPT member shops to fill the 16 treasury squares.
5. Entries MUST be tagged “tpt team”
6. The challenge is open from October 6 to October 21. 2012.
7. Entries MUST be posted on the “OCT TPT Treasury Challenge” discussion thread. (Additional posts may be made on the following two threads: CURATOR’s Treasury Thread -OCTOBER and the 100% TEAM Treasury Thread – OCTOBER.)
The TPT Leaders Will Select 5 Winners
Winners will be selected for the beauty of the treasury, the uniqueness of items found, theme interpretation, and overall creativity. Anyone who has submitted one entry for each of the four categories will be eligible to win the Grand Prize. Of the remaining contestants, there will be one winner for each category.
The Grand Prize winner will receive an 8”x10” digitally printed photograph ($15.00 value) from SeasAndSeasons, a 5 pack of mix and match (winners choice) of fine art note cards ($15.00 value) from PatMcWhorter, and an ornament ($15.00 value) from AtelierDenise. PLUS, the Grand Prize winner will be featured in an article posted on the team blog. The four category winners will each receive an ad for their shop for one month on the blog. A special “thank you” to AtelierDenise, PatMcWhorter, and SeasAndSeasons for donating items from their shops for the challenge prizes.
Get Started with these Search Tips
• Review the team’s Promotional Discussion Threads such as: Shop Promo – List your FALL HOLIDAY items here!; SHOP Promo – Christmas Items Here; Shop Promo – OCTOBER New Listings HERE; SHOP Promo – Orange, Yellow and Red items here; Shop Promo-Post Listings with White Space Backgrou… ; etc.
• Do a search for “tpt team” tagged items.
• Peruse the membership list and randomly view the contents of member shops – also a great way to start your holiday shopping!
Here are two excellent examples of a treasury for our October challenge. So get started on your own entry! You’ll be amazed how fast and easy it can be to build a 100% tpt treasury!